This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damned Muon

I'm having an issue with Muon. If I start it normally, thru Kickoff or thru cli, Muon only shows installed files and doesn't show anything in Origin except 'All'. If I start it thru cli with kdesudo appended to it, Muon looks and acts normal and everything is there. My first thought was to append kdesudo to the Kickoff launcher for Muon (and I may still do that), but there appears to be an issue with the normal operating mode of Muon. Since I couldn't find anyone else with this issue on the interwebz, I'll assume the issue is on my end.

I've purged everything 'Muon' (five files, including a library), I've deleted ~/.kde/<both muon files>, I've deleted both ~/.kde and ~/.cache. I'm pretty much done looking for answers on my own, so here I am.

Any questions? Need to see a log file? just ask, and I'll post.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

I realize you know this, but I recommend having more than one package manager on a system (like Apper, Synaptic, etc. ). Muon (Software, Package and Update Managers) seem to be just a little too unstable at this time. Perhaps a few more iterations will iron out the bugs...
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Oh, I use synaptic and aptitude, and neither of them have this issue. I was wondering if one of the really smart ones here in the forums already know what the problem is and will tell me that I need to open the whatever.conf file and change such-and-such line to 'x'.

BTW, I'm a really big fan of Synaptic and Aptitude. I just don't like something not working right.
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

OK, figured it out. /etc/apt/sources.list and sources.list.save permissions were set to 700. Changed to 744 and the Muon family now works correctly.

Comment

These aren't program files or scripts, so they shouldn't have the execute file mode bit set. Please chmod them all to 644.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            These aren't program files or scripts, so they shouldn't have the execute file mode bit set. Please chmod them all to 644.
            I see what you're saying. I disabled the execute bitset. Good catch.

Comment

Working...
            X