This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takeoff Launcher

Hi, Could someone tell me how to add custom categories to the Takeoff Launcher please?
    I love the launcher but it just doesnt show my custom categories I have created.
    Even if I create a new category by right clicking the Kickoff Application launcher it doesnt show in takeoff either
    I have created a new .menu in /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged
    and I have created a .directory file in /usr/share/desktop-directories.
    They work fine in other launchers but Takeoff just doesnt want to see them just the standard "Inter", "Graphics" categories etc
    Any help greatly appreciated

At here - Kubuntu 12.04 / KDE 4.8 :

Right clicking the 'Takeoff' button

Edit Applications.

1. Add Item
    2. Giving it a name & icon
    3. Adding items to the category

Launching the 'Takeoff' menu

The menu has the new category with the items

Links

More KDE launchers: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...tion-Launchers
    Takeoff: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=144078
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that might be something to do with it but I cant seem to create a custom root folder like you have.
      For example if i try to create a Custom category in the root folder (Where yours is created) mine are automatically put in the first folder that has already been created even if nothing is selected on the left pane.
      Just tried again and add item just creates exactly that an item not a folder to put other items into it
      I notice I am using KDE 4.13.0

Comment

Looking the KDE menu editor - Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.

There seems to be a 'feature' - The first item is automagically picked. The new item will be a subfolder of the picked item.

A workaround - working at here - is to release the picked item with the sorting.

A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
        Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks that seems to have done it fine. Seems a small bug that unless i'm mistaken

Comment

Another workaround, if you don't want to mess with the order using the sort, is to create the item in an existing folder, then move it with the mouse past the end of the list of items. Then you can use the "Move Up" to put it where it goes.

Regards, John Little
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X