This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Capture Recorder

When I was away I captured some videos on a really neat windows screen capture programme. The video loads as and avi fil and then I convert it to dvd and burn it.
    The video and sound is fine.

Can anyone recommend a screen capture programme for Kubuntu. As with my last request, please tell me how to obtain the software and load it.

While I am at it, can someone please tell me how to mark a message "Solved" on this forum.

Thank you. Elder73

Marking a thread SOLVED is easy. You must be the OP (original poster). At the top of the thread you will see Thread Tools. Click on it and click on Mark this thread as solved...
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I recently installed a program called Vokoscreen. I haven't tried it but you might want to look at it.

Comment

Try simplescreenrecorder: http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/simpl...ul-screen.html
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

"recordmydesktop" is in the repository.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Recorditnow is another alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              Thank you, I downloaded simplescreenrecorder. Shows up in the Kubuntu menu and loads just fine. I have not played with it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                "recordmydesktop" is in the repository.
                Thank you I tried loading this with the Package Manager and it wouldn't as I didn't have the right authorization. Working on the command line it asks for my password but don't know how to set it up with the Package Manager. Thank you for your help.

Comment

When asked for a password, it is your password, the one you specified when Kubuntu was installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    When asked for a password, it is your password, the one you specified when Kubuntu was installed.
                    The Package Manager does not ask for a password it just posts a screen with a big red X, telling me I did not have permission. When I work on the command line it asks for my password, which I supply and everything works fine.

Comment

A thought. Check to see if polkit-kde-1 is installed. If it is, reinstall it. If it isn't, install it.

Is installed, so reinstall:
                      Code:
                      sudo apt-get install --reinstall polkit-kde-1
                      Isn't installed, so install:
                      Code:
                      sudo apt-get install polkit-kde-1

Comment

Working...
                      X