This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Freezes upon emerging from Sleep Mode

I have 13.10 on my laptop, and lately I've noticed that when I open the lid, the system will freeze up. It's random enough that so far I haven't been able to duplicate it. It could freeze up 2-3 times in a day, then go a few days where everything is fine.

Sometimes I'll just get the default background and a cursor, but no password screen comes up.

Other times it will allow me to type the password in, but then immediately freeze, with the mouse also freezing.

Still other times I'll get the desktop back for about 5 seconds, then everything freezes.

If I push the power button, the computer will immediately do a clean shutdown.

Control-Alt-F2 works, so I'm able to log in via the command line and shut down using INIT 6.

Usually there is no error message upon restarting, but this morning I saw this message waiting for me.

/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet

The report it wanted to send has what looks like a lot of good information to use in troubleshooting, but I couldn't figure out how to capture the text. Is the report/log saved on the computer somewhere?

Thanks!

Upgraded to 14.04 last night, and so far the problem has not reappeared. If I can get it a week without it coming back, I'll mark this SOLVED.

Comment

Working...
    X