This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google calendar in Kontact

I have set up my Google Calendar in Kontact and when I click on the Calendar tab, I can see my calendar and all appointments. However, in the Summary Tab I can only see today's appointments. It is configured to show appointments for the next 7 days, but does not display anything other than the current day. The calendar shows properly in the task bar calendar. Any ideas?

Hi, please reply with a definition of what you mean by "appointments".

In my summary tab, as of this writing, which is "Sunday" in the midwestern United States, I see things to do and etc. out to "Saturday" of the "next week".

I would assume that what you mean by "appointments" is thing that will occur, of which you should be reminded, for the ensuing week from the observed date.

I checked the KDE handbook at the KDE site for KDE PIM / calendar, and the documentation, to be brief, was........brief.

It is possible that the "default" is for "seven days".

It is also possible, that if someone who is more knowledgeable than the poor woodsmoke would "pop by" that said person could point you to what is probably a "hidden folder" in which there is a script that delimits the number of days displayed in the summary.

One would then need to go to root/administrator in that folder and change the default number of days.

Just a thought, of little worth.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thank you woodsmoke. Essentially what I mean by appointments is entries in Google calendar about events that will occur in the future and of which I need reminding. What I can't understand is that only today's entries will turn up in the Summary tab. I have checked the settings and the default, 7 days is checked. I have tried changing that to 30 days, but still no future events are displayed. Also, when the today's event has passed (i.e. if I schedule an event lasting from 10 - 11 am) it will still show as 'now' and remain there until the day has passed. Annoying. Events show in Calendar OK, looking at the calendar tab shows all my forthcoming events as does the calendar/clock widget in the task bar.

Comment

Hi
        I'll check bug reports etc. and see if I can find some kind of setting.

I assume that you have Akonadai running because it is syncing with Google.

What is the version of Kubuntu that you are running?

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I'm running 13.10 - 64bit and yes, Akonadi is running. Seems like this may not be a computer specific problem - I have Kubuntu 14.04 beta running on my laptop, and I am experiencing the same problem there. Only see today's entries, nothing for the future. Is there anyone out there syncing Google calendar who does not have this problem?
          Last edited by timgood; Apr 08, 2014, 04:12 AM. Reason: More information...

Comment

I don't have this issue. I'm using CalDAV to synch KOrganizer and Google Calendar.
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I have now tried it with the built in Kontact Google Calendar and Tasks, CalDav and ICAL. In all cases I am able to see my entries in the calendar tab, and in the calendar/clock widget in the task bar. But the summary tab will only give me today's entries. So annoying!

Comment

I'm getting errors in the mysql database when I run the Akonadi Server Self Test which may be something to do with this:

140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_current' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_history' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_history_long' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_consumers' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_instruments' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'setup_timers' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'performance_timers' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'threads' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_by_thre ad_by_event_name' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_by_inst ance' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_summary_global_ by_event_name' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_summary_by_event_name' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_summary_by_instance' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'mutex_instances' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'rwlock_instances' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'cond_instances' has the wrong structure
                140408 16:05:39 [ERROR] Native table 'performance_schema'.'file_instances' has the wrong structure

How do I fix this?
                Last edited by timgood; Apr 08, 2014, 09:15 AM. Reason: More info...

Comment

Hi
                  Haven't been here much for a variety of reasons.

The whole thing is very reminiscent of previous discussions which are now buried in the dungeon and may be "a bug".

The "mysql" database and the "sql" database thing was a big deal three or four years ago for Akonadai.

I have absolutely no rational reason for this be in my mind there was some kind of "interaction" between "this database" and "that database" and "stuff was arguing with each other."

Just as a completely WRONG idea...do you have other "PIM" clients running wherein they are interacting with things that are "password protected" or that might interact in terms of "priority" ....?

again, to the strict clinician...... that kind of idea is off the wall but just a thought

and also possibly an interaction with your 'versions".....

Somebody much more knowledgeable should get involved with this, I'm just a doof.

woodsmoke
                  ".
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X