This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okular and SD Cards

I have a significant library of ebooks, many pdf's and djvu's. I routinely have 25+ open at a time and use konqueror with saved sessions to manage/organize things. They are all stored on an SD card (trust me, I have reasons )

Here's the issue. Files are open, laptop suspends, wake it back up. The displayed page(s) are still there for each pdf but scroll far enough in either direction (past the cache, maybe?) and all you get are blank pages. The only way to get the file to display again is to reload it from the disk. The bad behavior applies only to pdf's stored on an SD card. Djvu files display properly without reloading after suspending. Pdf's display properly after suspending if they are stored on the hdd or a usb drive.

Any ideas/suggestions?

sundoulos

Kubuntu 13.10
    KDE 4.12.3
    Okular 0.18.3

I do not have an SD card handy, so I can't test, but perhaps going to System Settings > Hardware > Removeable Devices and for your SD card checking both options: Automount on login and Automount on attach might do something beneficial.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I've tried that route; also tried mounting in fstab (not good) and presently usbmount. I tried mounting to a folder in home, letting it automount where it feels like, etc. It doesn't make any difference how the card is mounted. Dolphin / konqueror show the card as mounted after resume, I don't have to do anything special to browse the directory structure.

Solving this issue required a patch for calibre; see https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1286522 What puzzles me about okular is that djvu files work fine, it's only pdf's that give it a headache.

Comment

I wonder if editing Okular's memory settings might help here? (more of the document cached?)

Comment

Adjusting the memory usage changes how much of the pdf can be viewed after resume but doesn't fix the issue. Whatever is cached displays fine after resume but when okular runs out of cached pages it doesn't retrieve any more from the file. It just displays blank pages for the remainder of the pdf.

Comment

Working...
          X