This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

events mysteriously dissapeared from korganizer calendar

I spent this morning adding notifications to my events in korganizer, having finally decided I did want notifications. All went well. A moment ago (it's evening here now!) I went to check something on the calendar and ALL MY EVENTS HAD VANISHED, except for public holidays which korganizer adds automatically.

There's only one thing I can think of that might have caused this. Earlier today I was poking around in the task manager and did the sort of thing one shouldn't do - randomly killed a process to see what it was up to. The process in question was mysql, and it's not the first time I've done that with it, actually. Since nothing bad happened the first time, I thought I'd try it again. I know, I know, I'm silly D:
    Anyway, restarting hasn't given me my calendar events back (although it has given me mysql back) and I never exported them so I can't get them back that way either. What have I done?
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

update: I noticed that all my events still appear in the dropdown when I click on the 'digital clock' in the panel, so apparently they aren't lost...just not showing up in korganizer anymore.
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

Firstly, don't kill mysql...akonadi (kde pim storage backend) uses mysql as it's database.

If the data still shows on the calendar widget, I'd first check korganizer calendar settings:
      Korganizer>Settings>Sidebar>ShowCalendarManagement (this should add calendar management to the sidebar in korganizer)
      Is your calendar checked?...if not, click the check box...if it is, try unchecking and checking it again.

If that does not work, you may wish to check akonadiconsole to see whether your events are still stored (and that the resource agent for your calendar does not report any errors)

Comment

oh geez, that worked. I wonder why it unchecked itself!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X