Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kontact not "remembering forever" server certificates.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kontact not "remembering forever" server certificates.

Hi Guys,

I had a partial crash of my system a few days ago and had to remove the .kde directory to get things working again. Ever since this happened, kmail (or kontact) is refusing to honour the "remeber forever" setting on the mail server's certificates using starttls which is driving me totally nuts (this is true for both servers I'm accessing via imap.

How do I force this stupid thing to remember them and not ask every time it starts?

I've hunted the great goog and here, but I've not come up with anything useful at this stage.

Thanks.

Peter.

Hi pnunn

Just FWIIW I have experienced the same thing on the last three or four restarts of my Saucy install only for the g-mail account, the "MS server" account at the college has not shown this behaviour.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Please shut down all of Kontact. Then delete ~/.kde/share/config/ksslcertificatemanager. Now restart KMail. Can you save the certificate and not get prompted again?

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I'd already tried that a couple of times (infact it hadn't made the ksslcert file again on two occassions I can remember when I restarted, but guess what.. it worked!!

No idea why it worked this time but it did. Thanks for the reply.

Peter.

Comment

Abracadabra! You're welcome

Glad it's working for you now.

Comment

Working...
          X