This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tray Notification widget issues

As the title says. On my Desktop it works as it should. I always see a 2-5s pop-up notifying of statuses, tasks or events. On my laptop it seems to have quit. I know it has worked before but within the last 3 weeks nothing. Any ideas out there? I tried finding some configuration setting but couldn't or just overlooking.

you don't have the notification widget as part of your system tray ? check the config and be sure its enabled under entries. that or i don't get what your asking. the other place to look is of course in system settings applications and system notifications to check that events are being marked with a pop up notifictaion. (here you can test popups as well to be sure its working or not)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

No it is there, but it doesn't auto-pop messages. Just turns the normal shade to notify of a notification. I've looked where you mention and most what I would expect to be marked to be in a pop-up are.

Comment

Check what you have in System Settings > Application and System Notifications > Other Notifications
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_002.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	640675

I'm thinking of just wiping out my .kde folder. Don't know what changed but something sure is conflicting.

Comment

The notification widget is my most hated part of Kubuntu. I have to fiddle with it every time I boot up (turning it off and then on in the System Tray fixes the quirks, but this shouldn't be necessary).

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
            and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Interesting how people view different features. I love the notification widget. I have never had to mess with it.
              Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
              Always consider Occam's Razor
              Rich

Comment

Wish I could say the same. Was working fine but not now. Still works a charm on my desktop just not the laptop.

Comment

Have you tried renaming your .kde folder yet?
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Not yet. Will here in a few.

Comment

That worked but really less than ideal to have to do. What "Config" file controls that thing? Maybe just removing that? Took forever to get my customizations back.

Comment

Working...
                      X