This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conky is Running From an Unknown Configuration File

I installed conky and created a config file (/etc/conky/conky.conf) I also backed the original config file up to conky.old, but now even though conky runs when I envoke it, it's not using the config file I created and I can't find /etc/conky/conky.old. I don't know what config file it's using.

How do I find the config file that conky is actually using?

How do I limit conky to only use the /etc/conky/conky.conf file that I created, and edited for my needs?
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Use
    sudo updatedb
    to update the locate database base, then issue
    locate conky.conf
    That where tell you where all the conky.conf files are. There should be only one, under /etc/conky
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

conky SHOULD be running off a .conkyrc in your home hear is mine
      Code:
      vinny@vinnys-HP-G62:~$ ls -a
      .              .bash_logout  .dbus       Downloads  .gnome2_private  .local       Music-2     .projectM            snapshot4.png  Videos-1            .Xauthority.4JKRWW  .xsession-errors.old
      ..             .bashrc       Desktop     dwhelper   .gnupg           .macromedia  MyMachines  Public               snapshot5.png  Videos-2            .Xauthority.GD24ZW
      .adobe         .cache        .directory  .face      .gstreamer-0.10  .mozilla     Pictures    snapshot1-13.10.png  Templates      .virt-manager       .Xauthority.RQV6WW
      .aqemu         .config       .dmrc       .gconf     .gtkrc-2.0       Music        .pki        snapshot2.png        .thumbnails    .Xauthority         .Xauthority.SC9J4W
      .bash_history  [COLOR=#ff0000][B].conkyrc[/B] [/COLOR]     Documents   .gnome2    .kde             Music-1      .profile    snapshot3.png        Videos         .Xauthority.395MWW  .xsession-errors
      if you do not have this file in your home it is probably defaulting to defaults ??

so take your file , copy it to home , and name it .conkyrc ,,,,,,because of the . it is a hidden file

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        conky SHOULD be running off a .conkyrc in your home .....
        You're right, Vinny, I completely forgot about ~/.conkyrc.

It's where I put my code. That's why I quit admin'ng. I can't remember squat any more.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yep that did it! You guys are the best! When I'm finished, I'll share my Conky panel and script.
          "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
          X