This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWin Crash Removes Display Configuration

Hello, bit of a newbie here running 13.10 x64 with four displays.

Just after installing AMD Catalyst drivers, I experienced a crash that caused my display to turn completely black. I restarted manually and upon logging back in, I received a message that KWin had crashed. Instead of my displays being set to their respective native resolutions as usual, they are now all set to 1440x900 and are all mirroring one display. I looked in 'Display and Monitor' in System settings to try to resolve this problem, but in 'Display Configuration', none of my monitors are displayed. Instead, there is one display named 'DFP5'. What can I do to restore KWin to its pre-crash configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please open System Settings | Startup and Shutdown | Session Management. Select Start with an empty session. Click Apply. Close the window.

Next, open a console window and run
    Code:
    rm ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen/*
    Finally, reboot. Any improvement?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Please open System Settings | Startup and Shutdown | Session Management. Select Start with an empty session. Click Apply. Close the window.

Next, open a console window and run
      Code:
      rm ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen/*
      Finally, reboot. Any improvement?
      Nope, that didn't do much. I ended up going with a fresh reinstall which fixed it. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
      X