Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Experience Problems with Inserted Movies in LibreOffice Impress?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Experience Problems with Inserted Movies in LibreOffice Impress?

When I insert a movie into LibreOffice Impress 4.1.3.1, I get one frame with a white flash before the start of the movie when showing a presentation. With LibreOffice 4.2, I get about 47 frames with a large question mark before the start of the movie. For both cases I have installed the package gst123 to get LibreOffice to show movies. I have tried mp4, AVI and wmv files and they all give the same result.

Has anyone else tried this and do you get the same result? If you don't, then I would be interested to know what gstreamer packages you have installed?

Using L.O. 4.1.3.2 ...

Toni Fisher singing the Big Hurt is is displaying that SULTRY voice of hers..... and the video.....oh to have married or even DATED... Toni Fisher!

It takes up about "two-thirds" of the width of the page and is presented in the interactive box.

I clicked outside the box.

This is the mp4.

It automatically popped a controller on the bottom left.

Now, it DID take a "couple of clicks" using the play arrow at the bottom left.

The sound was default muted, but dragging the slider gave the sound.

It also plays an .flv file and a .wmv file.

HOWEVER, I would recommend "constraining" the size of the .wmv file if it is very large in an editing program. A "full .wmv" taken by my GoPro has the video displaying about a foot outside the right of the monitor. And the reason for constraining it elsewhere is that you might "resize" it in L.O. but it may not keep the resize when played somewhere else and you would be stuck with resizing in the middle of something where you should be just displaying the document.

Here are the libraries in Saucy.

gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
    gstreamer1.0-libav
    phonon-backend-gstreamer
    gstreeamer0.10-fluendo-mp3
    gstreamer0.10-gnonlin
    gnome-codec-install
    libgstreamerm-0.10-2
    gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0
    gstreamer0.10-pulsaudio
    gstreamer1.0-pulsaudio
    gstreamer0.10-nice
    gstreamer0.10-alsa
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-base
    gstreamer0.1--plugins-base
    gstreamer0.10-plugins ugly
    gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0.10-x
    gstreamer1.0-x
    gstreamer0.10-qapt
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
    gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
    libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0
    libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10
    libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0
    gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0
    gstreamer1.0-clutter
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
    libqtgstreamer0.10-0
    gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly
    libgstreamer1.0-0
    libstreamer0.10-0
    libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0
    libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10
    libclutter-gst2.0-0
    pyghon-gst0-10
    libqtgstreamerui-0.10-0
    totem
    tap-plugins
    libnice10
    pulsaudio(from 1:4:0-Oubuntu6)

And, of course, libreoffice.

And for those who want to listen to Toni's sultry vibes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlE6eHEENg4

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 08, 2014, 06:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

You will find that when you load a movie and resize it with either the handles displayed in the edit window or right click and select "Position and size ...",this only changes the way LO Impress displays the movie and does not alter the source file that you have loaded.

The problems that I encounter occur when I do a slide show with a black background. A black backgound can be set up with Format > Page...> Background. If you start a slide show with a blank slide and then advance to the movie you will see a brief flash, lasting one frame, before the start of the movie. In the case of LO Impress 4.2, I get a large question mark lasting about 47 frames. You will not see any flash when playing a movie the edit mode.

Comment

Hi
        Well as I have so often said, I'm not a coder all I do is use the stuff, so I'm afraid that I can't be of much help more than what i posted below.

You should probably wait for someone smarter than me to pipe in!

However, here is a screeny of the particular thing that you mention, I put a black background on it, and it playes either in preview or in slide show mode.

This was a very large video, size wise. shot with my Go-Pro, and I had to reduce it in size as you outlined. I use SCUBA in teaching my classes.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I noticed that in the example you gave, there is only one slide which contains the movie. I would be interested to know what happens if you add a slide before that with a black background and some title, if you wish. You can then select F5 to start the slide show. When you advance to the movie, I would be interested to know if you see a very brief white flash before the start of the movie.

BTW, there are a number of ways to position a movie in the window. The way I prefer to do it is to use the arrow keys when the movie has the movement handles on it.

Comment

Hi

I apologize that I am a non-standard user what you could construe to be a user of nonstandard stuff.

We have several shiney disks which have what seem to be a videoized production of a woman en-named Temperance Brennan. The woman has several notices in forensic journals of that era which seem to have some smalll amount of integrity. However be that as it may, all that we have to work with is th shiney disks;

The Johnnie-man dragged a wireless ergonomic keyboard that is both angled from the incident but also angled to the vertical and it basically cannot be found on the beltways Microsoft WirelessNatural Multimedia Keyboard CE5600

IS NOTAMAZING THAT WITH THE TWENTY SOMETHING PRODUCT NUBERS ON THE BOTTTTOm of the black/silvered/encapluslaated device THAT NOT ONE OF THEM GOES BACK TO THE 21ST CENTURY!!!

SORRY but that is all I have in this time-space.

And yes, dragging by the handles, if you mean that the outline of the object is in what this user would interpret to be }shiney green { that it seems to be the easiest way to do stuff, given that I am working from shiney disks. The shiney disks are often not reliable given the contamination of age.

If by the word movie you mean the showing of the woman in the white acoutremant with the white hair that has wind blowing upward below her, then yes we have that

movie, a non-standard word which is translated today to be "enactment" of the woman then yes we can also see that.

however, since we are working through the entity known as the woodsmoke ....

and apparently the woodsmoke entity does not know what is going on...we cannot be of further help and you should await others.

Entr'acte
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 11, 2014, 02:32 AM.
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

If the word "movie" is a non standard word, then why does Libreoffice Impress, Window option Insert have in its list of choices: "Movie and Sound..."?

Comment

Hi

As to why they chose the terminology they did, I have no clue.

The term "movie" is not a Euro-centric term and definitely "midwest United States" or at least "fifties United States".

Considering that most devs are Euro-centric, again, I have no clue.

However, as to:
                before that with a black background and some title,
                I did that. and no problem.

I created a slide one and I dragged a "fill box" into it and filled it with black colour.

I added the word "hello" and changed the text colour to yellow.

i created another slide and inserted the video that is shown in the previous post.

When I started the slide show with the first slide and it displayed a black background with the word "hello" in yellow.

When I clicked on the first slide, I saw the second slide with the video and it started playing automagically.

NOTE: it retained the previous size to which I had dragged it in making the first Impress slide show.

QUESTION:

I quite realize that "a background is a background" no matter the colour but is there a possiblity of an underpowered graphics card or something?

I, personally, do not run the latest and greatest machine because I want to be as sure as possible that it will "always work" because the machine is a work machine, so I use a pretty much "plain vanilla" graphics card. In this case an "Nvidia Geforce 6600".

Loading the video into Impress takes, maybe.....ten seconds....however, it plays immediately upon clicking the previous slide and transitioning to the slide with the video.

woodsmoke
                Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 14, 2014, 12:27 AM.
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Toni Fisher?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	toni-fisher-lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	640657
                  She was ok, but my wife is better looking!
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for having a go at the problem I have been having. The "Flash" before the start of the video is one frame. Therefore it lasts about 1/30 second. So if you blink, you could miss it.

I have filed a bug report on this problem some time ago and you can find it at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69461. At this site you can download the mp4 files and use a video editor to step one frame at a time and see the flash or the question mark before the start.

Comment

Working...
                    X