X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror searc bar not working

Hello

when entering text into the search bar in Konqueror and pressing return or enter, nothing happens. I have ensured that the correct search engine is selected and searched the forums on this matter but not as yet found an answer.
    Has anyone experienced this or am I missing something completely simple that I have overlooked?

Thank you for any assistance.

ps. even trying gg: searchitem does not work, and this with ensuring the correct engine is ticked. I do think something is wrong as to add an edit to this post pressing SAVE did nothing either in Konqueror, and had to go onto Firefox to be able to do this edit. I cannot see what is wrong.
    Last edited by Bukunut; Feb 02, 2014, 09:24 PM. Reason: update
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Not sure about the broken search...that's odd.

Konqueror seems to work better overall when using the WebKit renderer. Have you installed the kpart for that?

Comment

Steve

Thank you. I have installed 'kpart-webkit' and 'kpartsplugin' and rebooted for good measure. Sadly the Konqueror search bar still does not function with text added or with trying 'gg: searchitem' then pressing ENTER or RETURN. Whilst I am using another browser for now, there are things in Konqueror I like doing. Have searched online and through forums, not seen this mentioned anywhere else and wondering if this is just a problem for me?
      There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukunut View Post
        trying 'gg: searchitem'
        Don't put a space after the : and the searchitem.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Konqueror searc bar not working [SOLVED]

Snowhog and Steve
          Having just gone through all of the settings yet again to see why, under VIEW / VIEW MODE changed this from WEBKIT back to KHTML again, the search functions are now working again. So no idea what happened, but guess this closes this as solved, but with thanks for all your help. :-)

p.s. now switching between KHMTL and WEBKIT as discribed above now allows full search on both views.
          Last edited by Bukunut; Feb 02, 2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, switching the view mode to WebKit is necessary after installing the kpart (rebooting is not).

Comment

Working...
            X