X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resume leaves me with a black screen.

Hi folks,

just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour. Recently (and I'm not exactly 100% sure when it started) my laptop started playing up on return from a resume (its been working faultlessly for ages). I suspect it may be the screen saver not turning off as the machine is fully active other than the fact the screen is black (except for a narrow blue band on the left edge). The reason I wonder if its the screen saver is that it sometimes just does this at random and I think its the blueproximity application triggering the screen saver, but that could be a red herring.

The only way I've found out of it is to switch to a text session and killall Korg but that's a bit savage.

From another post, I found that sudo pm-suspend --quirk-save-pci works just fine (and doesn' trigger the login screen on return) but I don't know how to add this command to all of the places it could be getting triggered from (such as the laptop lid closing).

Any ideas where to start looking at this?

Ta

Peter.

I can conclusively confirm that this is the kscreenlocker_greet causing the problem. I managed to kill it from a text session after moving the file so it couldn't be found to restart it and the session came back (although with an error box from X by the looks saying "Could not start ksmserver, Check your installation".

Any ideas anyone??

Peter.

Comment

Solved.. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314227

Seems it's something to do with transparent window decorations.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X