This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmet Dependencies

I opened the package manager to install something tonight, immediately got met with a error that I had unmet dependencies. I choose the broken packages category, and mark 3 files for complete removal, and hit apply, it ran a minute, then said, you have unmet dependencies. I closed that, opened the terminal, I tried, (all of the following are "sudo" most apt-get), -f install, clean, remove, autoremove, and autoclean, dpkg -configure -a, -u -dist-upgrade, and even, -o Debug:kgProblemResolver=yes dist-upgrade. Maybe even some other's, I just don't remember as I've been at this for over an hour. The best I can get is unmet dependencies try -f, unable to lock /var/cache/apt/ (with nothing else open), or my favorite the complete circle of: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libjpeg8 : Breaks: libjpeg8:i386 (!= 8c-2ubuntu8) but 8d-1 is installed
    libjpeg8:i386 : Breaks: libjpeg8 (!= 8d-1) but 8c-2ubuntu8 is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

I am running a amd64 system, not sure why the i386 files are even installed. but of course they all break each other. What is possible from here without re installing completely, which is what it looks like I'm going have to do to get rid of the circle thinking.

What were you trying to install ?

As to the 386 packages, if you have something like wine or Skype installed, or other 32 bit apps, you will have some of those.

More verbose data would be helpful here, exact terminal outputs of the commands you used.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk, like that really matters

Comment

OK this is two threads that I answered but my post isnt showing up

Anyway at this point I dont remember what it was, but somewhere I found another thread about this and it gave a good fix. But I do appreciate the response

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
      X