This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wxformbuilder enable python

I installed wxformbuilder and wx-python. I do not get a choice of python as a programming language only c++ and xrc. So how do I enable python. I can access wxpython by entering python at the prompt and then typing import wx. Thanks.

From my very brief look, the wxformbuilder package in Ubuntu (and possibly Debian) do not have pythin support baked in.
    It does seem that the wxformbuilder folks maintain a PPA to provide updated packages for their stuff that have python support

Comment

Hi Claydoh,

Thanks for your response. I checked those links and they are both missing anything of any use to me. I have the package python-wxgtk2.8 installed. I think the problem may be my wxpython configuration. Unfortunately I do not know enough about that to make the correct changes. Formbuilder is an impressive package but the online documentation is dismal.

Comment

As I mentioned, the Ubuntu package for wxformbuilder (as far as I can tell ) doesn't support python, either because the version does not, or the Ubuntu package is not compiled with python support turned on. If this is actually the case, your configuration does not matter, wxformbuilder won't "see" python.

The ppa provides a package that purportedly is compiled with this support, and looks to be created by the wxformbuilder people.

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk, like that really matters

Comment

Working...
        X