X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corel Aftershot Pro

Hello !
    Did anyone know how is it possible to install Corel Aftershot Pro on Kubuntu 13.10 x64?
    Please help

I downloaded the Corel AfterShot Pro Update 1.2.0.7 trial from here:
    http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/ind...1&ppid=4300004
    It opened and ran fine,

The problem is that the packaging on it is a bit faulty, and in 13.10 and up one needs to install the 32 bit version in order for it to work . The 64 bit package is really just the 32 bit software with all the 32 bit compatibility packages marked as needed dependencies, which are no longer used/needed in 13.10.

Also, for some reason (most likely crappy packaging on Corel's part), just double-clicking the deb package will not work. However, using the command line does work:

Browse in Dolphin to the folder with the 32 bit deb file, hit f4 to open a terminal, and type this:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i AfterShotPro_i386.deb
    Do make sure you have removed any existing 32 bit packages that you may have downloaded previously before grabbing the one at the top of the page in the download link above, as old and new packages have the exact same file name for some reason

It installed and ran fine for me. Using the command line also will give us more useful error messages if for some reason it does not work.

Comment

Thanks. That work fine!!!

Comment

Just further to this - claydoh is spot on re the 32 bit packages being only ones that work but I have found that if I use apper to install it looks after all dependencies and pulls in what is required. Apper is definitely worth loading for dodgy apps like AfterShot that have issues with dependencies. Corel really are dodgy with their Linux stuff. I like Aftershot Pro but I get annoyed that even with the Help it mostly refers to "Windows" in all references... not really very professional in my opinion.
        ... Phil

Comment

AfterShotPro 2 - dependency errors on Install

Originally posted by wrigsster View Post
          Just further to this - claydoh is spot on re the 32 bit packages being only ones that work but I have found that if I use apper to install it looks after all dependencies and pulls in what is required. Apper is definitely worth loading for dodgy apps like AfterShot that have issues with dependencies. Corel really are dodgy with their Linux stuff. I like Aftershot Pro but I get annoyed that even with the Help it mostly refers to "Windows" in all references... not really very professional in my opinion.
          This is just a follow up in relation to Kubuntu and AftershotPro 2. I downloaded the latest version just out (May 2014) and Corel even say in their forums that it currently doesn't support Kubuntu ?? It does say you need ia32 dependencies etc etc. Well I did the usual thing and once again it did NOT install. I then tried Install using "Apper" and it all went without a hitch.

Obviously Apper does a better job of everything else at pulling in the dependencies.

Trying to get onto Corel is a dead loss - they are shocking. The online FAQ's and Help don't even show how to install to Linux - they use Windows terms even when referring to Kubuntu? So all I suggest folks is - use Apper - install it if you don't have it installed already.

Regards...Phil
          ... Phil

Comment

Working...
          X