X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot switch Keyboard Input

Hello,

I'm running 32-bit 13.10 on a laptop with 2 GiB of RAM.

I'm having issues switching Keyboard Input. My computer uses a US English QWERTY layout by default and I want to enable Korean input. I have Korean language installed via System Settings > Country/Region & Language. I have also enabled the Korean keyboard layout via System Settings > Keyboard > Layouts.

I have the option to switch the layouts on my task bar, but when I click on Korean, it will not switch. Using the layout switch hotkey (currently set to Ctrl+Alt+K) also does not work.

I've had little luck following guides for previous installations.

This is my first post on here so let me know if I need to provide any additional information! Thank you.

Check out this thread: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...=japanese+ibus

Theres a bug in 13.10, it seems. In the terminal, run the command "ibus-setup" Im guessing that you will get an error message. If thats the case, open up the software center and install the package "gir1.2-gtk-3.0" You will also need the package "ibus-hangul" if you dont already have it. Once these are installed, you should be able to open up ibus-setup and from there you can set your input methods.
    Last edited by whatthefunk; Oct 30, 2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

That worked perfectly! This is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks so much~
      간사함니다~

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
        X