Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Agree That Kubuntu Should be Renamed - If So, What Name?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kblu
    kbluked
    kdeblu
    blukde
    KbluDbluEblu (almost unpronounceable)
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

Netrunner? :-P

Comment

Originally posted by mastablasta View Post
        Netrunner? :-P
        That was a great name. Shame they used it already =[
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I thought that Canonical was starting to support Kubuntu more. I read an article in Linux Format about Kubuntu being a big deal for enterprise use or something and Canonical decided to support it. Was my assumption wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by charles052 View Post
            I thought that Canonical was starting to support Kubuntu more. I read an article in Linux Format about Kubuntu being a big deal for enterprise use or something and Canonical decided to support it. Was my assumption wrong?
            Canonical dropped financial support of Kubuntu when it told Jonathan Riddell that it would no longer pay him to support Kubuntu. He was the only Canonical employee working on the project. Soon after that he quit. Eventually Blue Systems agreed to support continued Kubuntu development and hired Jonathan and several other Kubuntu developers. Emerge Open in the UK offers paid commercial support.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Canonical dropped financial support of Kubuntu when it told Jonathan Riddell that it would no longer pay him to support Kubuntu. He was the only Canonical employee working on the project. Soon after that he quit. Eventually Blue Systems agreed to support continued Kubuntu development and hired Jonathan and several other Kubuntu developers. Emerge Open in the UK offers paid commercial support.
              Thanks. I guess I read the article wrong. I was waiting or the bathroom when I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                Um, how about.... iKDEa? Nah, too Swedish. Suddenly, I've got a hankering for furniture store meatballs. BRB!
                Why not KuBlue? 1. As long as Blue Systems supports the project financially it deserves a name like this. 2. It's short. 3. It's a nice rhyme.

Comment

anamnesis....

I like it! uh oh........that is it's death knell! lol

no, it does have a certain "ring" to it..

..sleighbells ring, are ya listnin!?

wooddingalingsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Sounds too much like kaplop, and brings up some negative images.
                    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
                    Always consider Occam's Razor
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by anamnesis View Post
                      Why not KuBlue? 1. As long as Blue Systems supports the project financially it deserves a name like this. 2. It's short. 3. It's a nice rhyme.
                      I like KuBlue. Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Don't forget KDE is quite popular among German-speaking developers and users, KuBlue sounds in German like it has something to do with a cow... (Eine Kuh)

Comment

lol
                          Kinda like when Chevrolet was selling the Chevy "Nova" down in Mexico, their FIRST attempt at marketing "outside the country"......

Didn't sell......

They could NOT understand why! ?

And then one of the locals told them that in Spanish............ No va.... meana........."no go"!

woodsmoke
                          sigpic
                          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I think the Kubuntu Dev team should merge with Blue System's Netrunner OS and keep the Netrunner OS name. I really like it! Personally, I'm not a big fan of any name starting with a "K". That's been overdone and overkilled for a long time now, IMHO
                            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                            K*Digest Blog
                            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Yes I would certainly support such a merge, as a matter of fact I'm typing this on a laptop with Netrunner Enigma (13.06) and it is a nice distro.
                              Because it's still using the Ubuntu repo's it will be just a susceptible to Canonical quirks as present Kubuntu...

The Netrunner forum is very close to their developers, the question would, as always in Linuxland, be how to merge the characters of the moderators

Comment

if I had to choose a distro by moderators I vote we keep the best ones! .... err sorry we already have the best ones!

woodjustsayinsmoke
                                sigpic
                                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X