This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

botched muon software center on upgrade

Today I rather foolishly upgraded my stable 13.04 system to 13.10 and lost the muon software center in the process. It appears for about 10 seconds, then automatically closes itself. Any suggestions?

Open a console. Type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
      Today I rather foolishly upgraded my stable 13.04 system to 13.10 and lost the muon software center in the process. It appears for about 10 seconds, then automatically closes itself. Any suggestions?
      Yes I confirm that! I have a few problems with the updater too, see my thread. It seems that Kubuntu 13.10 comes with an "alpha" version of muon 2.1 (2.0.65) and it might be the reason why it is not so stable. At least the package manager is working well, that's the most important.

Comment

It's crashing here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Open a console. Type:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          This gave the new muon discover software center, which works. Call this problem solved. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Muon discover works. But the "regular" muon software center (muon-installer) is crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by papa33 View Post
              But the "regular" muon software center (muon-installer) is crashing.
              We are working on a fix and are going to ship it as soon as possible. In the mean time please use muon-discover or muon (the package manager).

My apologies for the inconvenience.
              apachelogger, Kubuntu Core Developer and Master of the Minions.

Comment

Working...
              X