Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a day in my life I won't get back again.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a day in my life I won't get back again.

I've finally managed to re-build this machine with the latest Kubuntu and I have to say its running really well (faster) than before, BUT, the installer sucks badly.

The code may well be release grade but the updater and install sure as hell are not.

The updater broke the system beyond easy repair, the installer, from the lates iso on the site, hung at the start (trying to configure the network) until I worked out that the only way to make it go further was to unplug the wired network and let it configure the wireless (what the??).

This is going to cause MUCH pain or anyone trying to get this installed.

Peter.

I have had problems with the installer on my laptop for the last three releases. I have to grab the beta, install and let it upgrade when the final rolls along.
    Not a solution, but it works for me.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Sorry to hear that your update was painfull. Mine was ok.
      I used to be very unlucky with release updates, but the last 2 years with kubuntu have been very positive.

Comment

Reports of these type of unusual problems are more useful when they include the hardware specifications.

Comment

No problem... Dell Latitude E6530. Nvidia card enable (no optumus or what ever that rubbish is called), i7 processor, 16GB Ram, 500GB HDD, intel Wireless.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
          X