This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X screen not working after wake up from sleep mode

Directly after the Upgrade to saucy 2 days ago, my X-Window system doesn't work after it wakes from sleep mode.
    I tryed to change the display driver (using the additional drivers app) but it had no effect.
    Also I now have a weird blur in my upper left corner, when I go there with my mouse pointer.

My Workaround is to [CTRL]-[ALT]-{DEL] and log out. After that the login screen is shown and every thing works fine till the next wakeup.

Is there any solution to this?

1) what GPU do you have .

2) what driver did you install

3) how much RAM is in the box

4) do you ave a swap partition and how big is it if yes

5) is this sleep mode you are referring to, suspend to RAM or suspend to disk.

the weird blur you are seeing is a hot corner and if you press your curser into the corner you should get the "present windows" effect.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I gave up...

Hello Vinny,

sorry - that notification went straight to my span folder - i just now found it.
      In the meantime I gave up on the upgraded kubuntu installation. Dist-UpGrade allmost never worked for me.
      I went back to 12.04 to be save. But another workstation of mine ist already using 14.04 - ist a littlebit bupy still but works fine overall.

It was suspend to ram, that didn't work aber upgrade. I left me with a black screen at best - sometimes a weird distored screen but unresponsive. No mouse.
      I could log out blindly though. That mostly did the trick.

But finally I gave up on it and just downgrated to 12.04.

Sorry again for the late responce.

Thank you for replying in the first place!

Ralph

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      1) what GPU do you have .

2) what driver did you install

3) how much RAM is in the box

4) do you ave a swap partition and how big is it if yes

5) is this sleep mode you are referring to, suspend to RAM or suspend to disk.

the weird blur you are seeing is a hot corner and if you press your curser into the corner you should get the "present windows" effect.

VINNY

Comment

We'd still be interested to know what hardware you use...

Comment

Working...
        X