This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 13.10 [64-bit]: Language, internet

I installed the 64-bit Kubuntu 13.10. It doesn’t offer any languages other than English in the System Settings (under “Locale”), although I selected another language at the beginning of the installation. When I launch Rekonq, I can only load Google, search on it, but any other page doesn’t load. Please, could you help me fix it? Please, be as detailed as possible, because I don’t have much experience.

About the language problem...what language are you trying to add?

About the internet problem....have you tried using a different browser like Firefox?

Comment

I wanted to localize my Kubuntu in the Czech language.

I only tried the Rekonq browser, which was the only browser pre-installed in the distribution. I also launched the Firefox installer that I found in the Kickoff application launcher, but it just brought up Muon Software Center with a big title “Loading” in the middle of the window and nothing more happened.

Comment

For the language:
        Try installing the package language-pack-cs You can install this through Muon, assuming your internet is working.

For the internet:
        The Firefox installer should have automatically installed Firefox. Because it didnt, Im thinking your internet isnt connected. When you go to google in Rekonq and do a search, do you get the search results?

Comment

Yes, Google shows me the results of any search that I do, but if I click on any of the search results, it doesn’t load.

Comment

Did you try to install the package language-pack-cs? Have you updated your computer since you installed Kubuntu?

Comment

No, not yet. I cannot try it now, I am now using another computer.

Comment

I think that I noticed these problems already in the live distribution before installing Kubuntu on my hard drive, but I thought that it was just the limitation of the live distribution.

Comment

I launched the live distribution of Kubuntu and I saw that the languages were there and the internet connection worked as well. I did again the whole installation onto the hard drive, I booted from it and everything worked well. Probably the internet connection provider did not co-operate with me last night. I am typing this in Firefox running under Kubuntu. Thank you all for your willingness to help me.

Comment

So did you get everything solved?

Comment

Yes, now it seems to work correctly. Thank you.

Comment

hello guys im just new here. Anyways may i know what are the programming languages used in this version of kubuntu (13.10)? need your feedback asap.

Comment

Great, that's the advantage of a fresh install, you can do it again without loosing anything but a few hours of your time

Comment

Working...
                          X