X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After installing Kubuntu nothing boots.

Hi.

I bought Lenovo G505S laptop today. It had Win8 preinstalled, something I found quite horrible, and decided to install Kubuntu 13.10. in multiboot with it. Well, installation was successful, but after Kubuntu's bootsplash animation screen just went black and nothing happened. I tried about ten times.

I decided to try installing some other distro, this time Mint Linux 16. This didn't work at all, since the installer's X server crashed after partitioning. I tried installation few times.

Then I found old copy of Kubuntu 11.10, which I decided to try too. It installed nicely, but after I tried to boot it, nothing happened. There was just the blue background of GRUB, nothing else. I tried booting to Windows too, but that didn't work either. None of the options actually worked. The machine doesn't boot to external media also, it just boots to unworking GRUB. I have tried both USB stick and CD.

What should I do?

I am assuming that the source of your trouble is related to Saucy not being able to correctly handle the UEFI partition. If this is the case you should checkout these suggestions. I hope you are able to recover your system with what is proposed there.

Comment

Working...
    X