This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When laptop lid closed [Sleep setting]

Currently under the System Settings, Power Management, Energy Savings, my setting is set to Sleep for when the laptop lid is closed.

When I close my laptop a screen comes up when I reopen it that says locked screen with a password and option to change user but when I try and type a password or click on anything it will do nothing. I can move the mouse pointer but it won't click on anything and I can't type anything inside the password. The only thing I can do is shut my computer and and reboot.

Any idea on how to fix this? The only thing I can do is change the setting to Lock screen when the laptop lid is closed and that option works.

Thanks

Just place the mouse cursor on/in the password box and start typing your password and press Enter. You do not click.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just tried but nothing happens. Are little * suppose to show up when I type because nothing happens when I try to type in the password.

Thanks

Comment

Also, it seems to work when I change the setting to Lock screen just doesn't work under Sleep mode.

Comment

sleep ,,,or suspend to ram can be difficult on some hardware , some times you can get better results with the proprietary driver for your GPU and their are some kernel boot options that can help some time's ,,,,,

now hibernate or suspend to disk can be more straight ford

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Power management seems to be seriously broken in 13.10, lock screen issues being one of the symptoms. I am seriously thinking of going back to 13.04 although I like the speed and polish of the latest release.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinixs View Post
              Power management seems to be seriously broken in 13.10, lock screen issues being one of the symptoms. I am seriously thinking of going back to 13.04 although I like the speed and polish of the latest release.
              Depends on your hardware.It is working well on my laptop, Acer A5-572G.
              Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
              Always consider Occam's Razor
              Rich

Comment

Yup, but the same hardware that worked with a previous version is now giving fits. I call that a regression.

Comment

Working...
                X