Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxygen theme not being applied correctly on a fresh install.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen theme not being applied correctly on a fresh install.

I have a reproducable issue with the oxygen theme not working as expected.

Specifically, directly after an install going into System Settings-> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop Theme and selecting Oxygen -> Apply, the panel and some portions of the system appear to take on the new theme where as others do not.

This occurs directly on a fresh install in virtualbox of 13.10 media and also after an upgrade to the latest packages.

Clicking the detail button and selection Oxygen displays all options in the Source column as 'File...' and oxygen is not available in the list.

Can anyone else shed some light on this or confirm this behaviour before I file a bug?

Screenshot:

Comment

Try this.

Log out of KDE. At the login screen, press Ctrl+F2 to switch to a TTY console. Run
      Code:
      sudo rm -rfv /var/tmp/kdecache-root

rm -rfv /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER

sudo dpkg-reconfigure kde-runtime-data

sudo reboot
      Problem still there?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Try this.

Log out of KDE. At the login screen, press Ctrl+F2 to switch to a TTY console. Run
        Code:
        sudo rm -rfv /var/tmp/kdecache-root

rm -rfv /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER

sudo dpkg-reconfigure kde-runtime-data

sudo reboot
        Problem still there?

Yep I still get the same issue.

I've also attempted to trash all related settings (rm -rf .local, .config & .kde) and with a brand new user.

Note that this is with no extra software being installed and no other actions apart from those mentioned above so it should hopefully be very easy for someone else to verify as long as they have a VM environment available.

Comment

Working...
        X