This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWAM_GDL View Post
    Yes !!! It seems to work fine ! Thank you... This is really great to get this working as it should...

Btw, I have one more question for this topic : how can I change the caption to indicate "Dolphin as Root" instead of just "Dolphin" ? I'd like to be able to recognize easily my root session between 2 dolphin windows...
    Guillaume, I had a look into this, and the problem is "sudo", because sudo allows users to run programs with the security privileges of another user (normally the superuser, or root)
    If you install a system that uses "su" there is no such problem because you are using root, then what ever caption you add to Dolphin as root follows through, as below, this disk uses Tanglu, but it is the same when using Debian

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danum-M.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	640569

Comment

Thanks Danum...

On my side, I noticed that caption options are correctly sent to the login prompt after kdesu, but then it won't follow to the final destination. I suspect dbus-launch doesn't care about it when it launches dolphin. I tried things like :

kdesu dbus-launch 'dolphin %i -caption %c'

but it doesn't work.

No big deal... I wish it could work easily, but it seems it won't... Got no time to try to solve this issue... For the time being, I just pay double attention when acting as root through Dolphin...

Comment

Working...
      X