Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No battery mgmt on Netbook after install without battery present: fix? reinstall?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No battery mgmt on Netbook after install without battery present: fix? reinstall?

I think I made a mistake with a fresh install of 13.10 32-bit on Samsung NC10 atom powered netbook.
    When I put the battery in and start up I get GUI issues and have no battery options for power management in System Settings Power Management.

So far I have no workaround. Isimply given up, ALT-TABBED to an open terminal session and shutdown that way.
    Removing the battery and running on power adaptor power resolves GUI issues, but I need to be able to use it in battery mode.

Is there a way of getting the right software for System Settings Power Management or do I need to reinstall with the battery in place?

If there is a fix, what are names of the packages I should get?
    I hope I can get them without the battery installed or do it through the terminal.
    Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Wow, that is really weird.

Would you please file a bug at http://bugs.kde.org -- product solid, component powermanagement? I think the folks at KDE will want to know about this.

Comment

Bug 327505 has been added to the database

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Wow, that is really weird.

Would you please file a bug at http://bugs.kde.org -- product solid, component powermanagement? I think the folks at KDE will want to know about this.
      Steve, thanks for the keywords under which to file. That's my first bug report.

I hesitated before because in a way the issues seem to be a "feature" in that the installer is smart enough to tell there's no battery in place.
      Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to know it's a netbook that is capable of battery operation.

I hope someone knows a fix.

Comment

I reinstalled from DVD with the netbook battery in place.
        My battery setting options are now available in Power Management.

I got netbook GUI on bootup instead of my much preferred desktop GUI.
        From System Settings I went to Workspace Behavior-->Workspace and switched to Desktop in Workspace Type.

But I did not get my window buttons right (minimize, maximize, close) in upper right corners of windows.
        I went to Workspace Appearance and the configure buttons option. I tried a bunch of things without success until I chose the options I wanted, scrolled the window styles down to Oxygen style as on my Desktop, clicked on the preview and pressed Apply.

At Last my Kubuntu warm and fuzzies are coming back. I hope this helps anyone else who has this issue.

Comment

Working...
        X