This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conky freezes both my PC & laptop

Is anyone having issues with Conky on Kubuntu? I have had vanilla conky & the PPA conky-manager & both freeze my PC & laptop. My pc is a Lenovo D30 with dual 6 core CPU with 64Gb of ram so that's no mean feat. There is no extra power to log into a terminal (via ctl + alt F2) & run top.

Anyone else having issues with Conky?

Cheers Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

I had an issue where I had my desktop restore on login and conky loading on login, which ended up giving me conky on top of conky. Sometimes kwin would break, sometimes the system would lock up for a solid 5 minutes. I ended up removing a bunch of 'startup' stuff from 'Startup and Shutdown' and moving them to the ~/.kde/Autostart/ folder and setting my system to clean (empty) sessions.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Working...
    X