This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot view screen unless mouse is over object

I have a xps M1710 with Nvidia Geforce Go 7950 GT.

Upgraded from 13.04 to 13.10. I had no issues with 13.04. Once upgraded to 13.10 it was difficult to read anything once I rebooted. The desktop looked okay at first but if I used dolphin, chromium, or any window that popped up it was difficult to read. It was like the screen was not refreshing. I had to move the mouse pointer over everything to update the screen but when I moved the mouse pointer sometimes what I saw just went back to the image I saw previously. If I opened a window on top of another window it would totally screwed up the window underneath if I looked at it again. Hopefully that made sense.

Is this a device driver issue or software issue? Any ideas to fix this?

thanks

I had similar issues (Screen was "blurry" until the mouse hovers) and I got rid of it by

* deleting ~/.kde folder to reset KDE
    * purging all nvidia drivers (nvidia-319, nvidia-319-updates, nvidia-current, nvidia-current-updates) and reinstall the latest stable version (for me nvidia-319)

Now the UI is stable and running nice and smooth, again

Comment

Originally posted by mrboese View Post
      I had similar issues (Screen was "blurry" until the mouse hovers) and I got rid of it by

* deleting ~/.kde folder to reset KDE
      * purging all nvidia drivers (nvidia-319, nvidia-319-updates, nvidia-current, nvidia-current-updates) and reinstall the latest stable version (for me nvidia-319)

Now the UI is stable and running nice and smooth, again
      Thanks for the comments but when I deleted the home/.kde folder I was not able to install nvidia-319. I had issues connecting to the internet because when I upgraded for whatever reason it lost my WEP key and I couldn't type it in because my screen got worse and I can't read anything in the panel.

Now when I reboot I get a message saying Call to Inusertemp failed (temporary directories full? check your installation.

I think I might have to go back to 13.04.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        Thanks for the comments but when I deleted the home/.kde folder I was not able to install nvidia-319. I had issues connecting to the internet because when I upgraded for whatever reason it lost my WEP key and I couldn't type it in because my screen got worse and I can't read anything in the panel.

Now when I reboot I get a message saying Call to Inusertemp failed (temporary directories full? check your installation.

I think I might have to go back to 13.04.

Thanks
        I finally got it to work by connecting to the internet via a hard line and uninstalled xserver-Xorg-video-nouveau and install nvidia-settings-319-updates.

Thanks

Comment

That's why if I have to try something like that, I rename the folder to .kde-BU. At least then if that trick doesn't work, you can revert to the previous one by renaming it back after deleting the created .kde folder.
          KDE Rules!

Comment

Working...
          X