X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN Connection Problem

Hello,
    I want to connect to my Workplace via VPN Connection. From a Windows OS works it fine an simple.
    But I work more times on my Linux System an want to connect from them.
    Its a simple PPTP Connection with MS-Chap V2 Protokoll to an Windows Server 2012.
    But when I configure exactly the same properties on my Kubuntu 13.10 x64 System its look like, the Server is not available or there is anything blocked on my Linux Desktop.
    My Question:
    Must I be a Member of a special Usergroup to use VPN- Connections. Or must I open any ports of the System-Firewall?
    I have tested Kvpnc with the same result.
    What can I do?

Please help me

Please uninstall kvpnc (and pptp-linux if present) -- it's old and unmaintained. You need to install network-manager-pptp to create PPTP connections with Network Manager to Microsoft RRAS servers. Also, search the forum here -- others have run into problems and found solutions. I don't have access to a PPTP server anymore, so I can't recreate the scenarios myself.

Comment

I have uninstalled kvpnc. pptp-linux will be automatical installed when i install network-manager-pptp.
      Now I have tested again with my properties in the Connection Editor. But i can not etablish a Connection with the Company MS-RAS Server.
      Also i have looked in the forum for other Solution Samples. But i did not find it.

Comment

Working...
      X