This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vpnc not working

I was using Kubuntu 13.10 beta 2 with vpnc no problem. I made NO configuration changes anywhere on my system, and after having updated to 13.10 final in the last couple of days or so, vpnc no longer works.

I've tried reimporting the profile and fiddling, but nothing works. This has happened on BOTH of my Kubuntu systems, a laptop and a desktop--exact same problem. I noticed the old plasma widget for netowrking is gone which is what I was using to connect to vpn. I suspect the new widget might be the problem.

I had a problem with OpenVPN and the network-manager. I just couldn't get my system to connect to the ovpn setup/connection. I found out that I was missing a network-manager-openvpn plugin. I installed that and imported my openvpn connection and wa-la! OpenVPN!
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I did the same thing with respect to all the vpnc packages--I installed them all. Problem still persists. What is weirder is that it WORKED and I've not made any configuration changes. All I did was update to 13.10 final. It seems to me that it might be a problem with the new plasma widget.

Comment

Upgraded to 13.04 from 13.10. VPN working fine under 13.04, but works spotily under 13.10.

The Icon shows a slashed, red circle which generally means "no connection". But if I hover on the icon it displays the wired connection is good and the vpn connection as good. If I check the IP address, I get the correct address for the VPN gateway.

However, some web sites just do not work.

Also, under 13.04, I could configure the vpn gateway connection and other knetwork manager settings. Under 13.10 there is no way to do that. The ability to configure knetwork manager has disappeared.

Has anybody discovered how to configure the network manager under 13.10??
        Last edited by geezer; Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Played around with the icon some more and found out how to configure netmwork manager and add VPN gateways: click on the icon and then click on the "wrench" in the bottom right corner.

Does anybody know what kVpnc is supposed to do

Now if I could get the stupid icon to correctly show the vpn status!?!?!?
          Last edited by geezer; Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I still can't get mine to work. There's a complaint that my certificate doesn't exist or the path isn't absolute. I've got vpnc working through a terminal at least.

Comment

Working...
            X