X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio not working on Acer Chromebook 720

Solved it... man, I feel stupid...
    I went back to the audio/video settings, just browsing. Then I noticed you can actually set the device manually. I turned it to "Analog Stereo Duplex" - and lo and behold, audio is working perfectly! Don't know whythe setting is the wrong one by default. I will leave this post here to save someone some time, maybe...
    Hi Everybody,

it looks like I'm finally back on linux, after some years of absence :-)
    (I was on OS X for some years - never liked it :-( )

I bought a Acer Chromebook 720, as it seems this is the most (cost) effective way of getting a clean laptop capable of running Linux without paying M$ a dime :-)

Installed with ChrUbuntu - everything went as planned, except I really messed up the partitiontable. So I had to try again, this time using ChrUbuntu with the command to install Kubuntu. (Never liked gnome, never will...)
    Now everything works - except audio... which is weird, as it did when I installed Ubunutu, so I was not expecting this.

(It might be usefull to know that I installed flash etc as well, using sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras )

Now, if I go to systemsettings, I see two audio playback devices: "build in audio analog stereo" and "build in audio Digital Stereo (HDMI)". I would think I need to select the first - but it is grayed out!

Any pointers to how to go about solving this issue?

cheers,

Paul

BTW: anybody looking for a cheap, but very serviceable linux laptop should really check this baby out. Even an external monitor with HDMI works like a charm! I got the 4GB RAM-version, and I must say I am most impressed with the performance. Even LibreOffice works great! I am a webdeveloper, and I installed LAMP without a problem. kdevelop runs, has some problems with libs that seem to be missing, but other than the audio-issue I'm one happy camper!
Working...
X