X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu dual screens problem

Hello,

I tried to google for the problem but I was able to find all other kinds of problems but not mine.

The scenario is following: I have a laptop (with ati radeon) with external monitor connected via display port. I have my desktop on both screens. When I disconnect external monitor, my laptop screens gets corrupted as on the following picture:

http://imgur.com/dbNesoo (I noticed that I cannot post first post to the forum with the link thus I had to "encrypt" it somehow, sorry about that)

Those bars move, it's not static. Even if I plug in my external monitor again, I get the desktop on both screens but laptop screen isn't corrected. It still displays garbage. I have to restart the laptop to fix the problem.

I tried to use xrandr (to disable laptop output and then enable it again), putting laptop to suspend and wake it up but without success.

Any pointers what could cause it? Refresh ratio is got wrong? How to fix it?

Best regards,
    badyl
    Last edited by Snowhog; Nov 03, 2013, 10:24 AM.

Problem solved - after switching from fglrx drivers to the opensource driver problem disappeared.

Thanks,
    badyl

Comment

We do so love new members asking/seeking assistance, then finding/reporting the solution they found. Really, we mean that! Good job!

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X