This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 5520 Printer

I installed a photosmart 5520 Printer wireless.It will Print ok,but will not scan or show ink levels.What do I have to do or install to get it to scan and show ink level?IT does work with other Linux OS.

I believe there is a non-free/proprietary HP printer package that will do what you need, not sure if your model is supported or not.

There's this, libinklevel5 and this, hplip-gui for starters. I put "hp printer" in the Synaptic 'Quick filter' field to get just a few of what is available.
    Last edited by tek_heretik; Oct 26, 2013, 08:03 AM. Reason: Added quotation marks

Comment

see if you have all these installed

Code:
      vinny@vinny-HP-G62:~$ dpkg -l | grep hp

ii  hpijs                                    3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  all          transitional dummy package for hpijs printer driver
      ii  hplip                                    3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  i386         HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP)
      ii  hplip-data                               3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  all          HP Linux Printing and Imaging - data files
      ii  hplip-gui                                3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  all          HP Linux Printing and Imaging - GUI utilities (Qt-based)
      ii  libhpmud0                                3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  i386         HP Multi-Point Transport Driver (hpmud) run-time libraries
      ii  libsane-hpaio                            3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  i386         HP SANE backend for multi-function peripherals
      ii  printer-driver-hpcups                    3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  i386         HP Linux Printing and Imaging - CUPS Raster driver (hpcups)
      ii  printer-driver-hpijs                     3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  i386         HP Linux Printing and Imaging - gs IJS driver (hpijs)
      ii  printer-driver-postscript-hp             3.12.6-3ubuntu4.2                                  all          HP Printers PostScript Descriptions
      vinny@vinny-HP-G62:~$

VINNY

of course if you are on x86_64 it can be that instead of i386
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I think the problem is with HP device Manager setup. It does not see the Printer.
        I have no problem with ver 12.10 or 13 .04 only with 13.10 both 32 and 64 bit

Comment

Working...
        X