This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamviewer 64-32bit

I like Teamviewer for support of some poor MS addicts and when yesterday such a request came I tried to install it on 13.10.
    The 64bit version could not be installed because of some unmet dependencies I tried with the 32bit-multi-arch version and behold, after it pulled in a bunch of i386 dependencies it works.

Now I still need a solution for Google Earth...

Another observation is sometimes Gdebi, sometimes Qapt works better and in rare cases like with an Epson (iscan) driver I need to revert to dpkg and the konsole.

I had exactly the same issues with the very same programs. I believe it's because certain 32 bit libraries are no longer shipped with 64 bit ubuntu. When I did an over the air upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10 teamviewer and google earth were both removed.

Teamviewer - I did the same as you did. The only solution I found for google earth was to install the 32 bit deb version.

Comment

Interesting, after your last post I've again tried to install the 32bit version, something that didn't work earlier.
      This time there is no error during the installation but it still won't start up, the message:
      Code:
      teunis@13-10-W520:~$ google-earth 
      ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/lib/libmediaclient.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
      ./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      libfontconfig is installed, maybe in the wrong spot/path for Google?

Comment

Working...
      X