This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Headset Connection

I have a Creative Bluettooth Headset that has worked perfectly until a recent kernnel change (about 2 updates ago). Now it finds them and goes through the precess just like it is going to work. It even shows them as a trusted device. When I try to connect it times out and pops up a notice of that. These work perfectly in 1304 and were working in 1310 a week or so ago. I figured a couple updates and it would get fixed again. I did reinstall all the Bluez stuff just to see if that would do anything but no luck. 1310 had been working really good for me until this and since I listen to a lot of audio and streaming movies I am back to 1304 until I can get this worked out. Got any ideas I can try?
    System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Wait for 13.10 to get out of Alpha and into Beta? I don't even know if they're taking bug reports, to be honest...
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Yes I know it is early I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion I could try. I have been playing with the Alpha and Beta stuff for years know how it works. I always have the stable version running so when it breaks I just drop back and wait. First time I have had to wait because of a headset problem. Almost everything else at times.

Comment

Have you considered downgrading your bluez to raring? Change your source list to reflect raring, replace bluez, lock it in place and change your source list back to saucy?
        I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
          Have you considered downgrading your bluez to raring? Change your source list to reflect raring, replace bluez, lock it in place and change your source list back to saucy?
          Worth a Try not a production OS anyway. May run into dependency hell but what the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhibdon View Post
            May run into dependency hell but what the heck.
            Probably not. The list of dependencies for Bluez on Raring and on Saucy contain identical version numbers. As of today, that is -- the risk is that they might change as Saucy continues development.

Comment

For what ever reason the last kernel update fixed the connection or at least it finally worked after the update. Glad it works now YEA

Comment

Working...
              X