This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sobbing uncontrollably without rubber windows

There was this cool feature in Ubuntu 8.04 that I can't live without. If a window was open and you moved it with your mouse, it would flop about as if it were a piece of rubber and gravity were affecting it. Without this feature, I've been curled up in a fetal position and sobbing uncontrollably. My family has threatened to have me committed. So to save me shock treatment and/or lithium injections, please let me know how this indispensable feature can be turned on in Kubuntu 13.04. Thanks.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

System Settings > Desktop Effects > Advanced > Wobbly Windows
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I love them too, but while I am in where Snow stated, I turn off a lot of things I don't or won't use. <insert lightbulb smiley here, lol>

Comment

I know. It is literally the first thing I do whenever I do a clean KDE setup, and set it to max wobble. I get the DT's and headaches if I can't shake the window silly.

Comment

Okay, thanks! I'm safe. From now on whenever I need to prove that Linux is vastly superior to Windows and Mac, I'll show wobbly windows. I don't know how any operating system could be without such an essential feature.
          Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
          ================================

Comment

Working...
          X