This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They fixed the date/time bug!

I was actually planning to come here seeking a workaround to Kubuntu 13.04's Date/Time bug. Here's what was happening. You hit Alt+F2 and type "Date". Then choose "Date and Time" from the list. The Date and Time KDE Control module pops up. There's a checkbox named "Set date and time automatically." Previously, if you checked that and then hit apply or OK, it would crash and the date & time would not be set automatically. This was driving me nuts. I was planning on finding some other module to install that would handle this, such as maybe whatever is used in regular Ubuntu. However, I let Kubuntu update last night, and now the module works.

So instead of coming here seeking a workaround, I'm posting this as a heads up. If you haven't let Kubuntu install the latest updates, you'll want to. They fix this time/date problem. This problem was one of the reasons a reviewer panned this distro in a Youtube video. Well, it's fixed.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Wow. Thanks for the heads up on that. I had given up on that one.

Comment

Working...
    X