This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unverified Software message box updating Linux kernel files

I just went to update the linux-generic and associated packages to 3.8.0.31.49 through the Muon Update Manager. It got past the password question and then asked me for confirmation of the fact that it was going to install Unverified Software - linux-image-3.8.0-31-generic and 7 other files. This caused me great alarm so I cancelled it and came here looking for answers. A search revealed nothing so can anyone tell me if this is normal (never seen it before for the kernel packages) or if something is wrong here and how I might fix it.

FWIW, on the Software Sources dialog, Kubuntu Software tab, all 5 check boxes are checked. On the Other Software tab, the Independent and Independent (Source Code) check boxes are checked and I've added a source for KeePass to keep me up to date. On the Updates tab I have Important, Recommended and Unsupported Updates checked. There was a reason I had to check the Unsupported Updates, but now I can't remember what it was. I want to say it had something to do with KeePass. Could it be something to do with one of these settings that I'm getting an early kernel release?

Thanks for the help.
    Bill Lugg

you might have to readd a key for the repo. this happens sometimes if they keys are updated

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

about 2/3rds of the way down it talks about adding keys. you can do this for repos you already have and the error (at least if you use apt-get) should include the missing key' hash. iirc the keyserver is
    keyserver.ubuntu.com
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Well, that seems to have corrected the problem.

Thanks for the tip.
      Bill Lugg

Comment

Working...
      X