X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Homerun and KRunner... how?

Hi, (sorry the awful English)
    I started using KDE Homerun as my default desktop, and it's a fantastic app.
    I went curious and clicked on the configuration wheel at the top right of the screen, and noticed something strange..

Beside having my usual tabs (favorite applications, favorite places, recent documents), there was a tiny tab named KRunner. I think having this two tools combined should be really powerful, but i can't manage to find how to use the KRunner tab,

I have clicked where it is supoused to be, but nothing happens...

Anyone knows how it works?

Regards,

hi ninovolador and welcome to KFN. Glad to have ya. krunner is easily accessed with the key combinatations ALT+F2.

KRunner is a versatile mini command-line. You can use it to start applications, open web pages, access bookmarks, search through your desktop data, calculate short equations, and many more.Pressing Alt+F2 opens the KRunner dialog. You just start typing and KRunner will start searching matches as soon as you've entered more than two characters. You can open the settings dialog to learn about KRunner’s functionality, provided by plugins. You can navigate through the matches using the tab and arrow keys.

Reference:
    http://docs.kde.org/development/en/k...p/krunner.html

In this example I typed in muon for my search key. You should notice five options below the search window. Use your mouse pointer or your keyboard arrow keys to move to and then select the one you want to use.

The URL above is where I got the krunner description, it has a lot more information about krunner than can be included here.
    Linux User #454271

Comment

Thanks for your response,

Nevertheless, i already knew KRunner. I was asking about some kind of integeration with the KDE Homerun application i can't find.

Regards,

Comment

I'm sorry ninovador. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and give you a hand.
        Linux User #454271

Comment

KDE Launcher links: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...tion-Launchers

Homerun & KRunner
          (this is with the Homerun 1.1)

The Krunner is embedded to the Homerun - you simply type the keyword(s) to the 'Search in current tab'

The Homerun will/should show the results.

Editing the Krunner runners

Click the cog wheel icon > Configure tabs

1) Add the runner search option to the tab. If not already available.
          2) Krunner option is available. Krunner wrench icon will show the available runners.
          3) Runners

Last edited by Rog132; Sep 26, 2013, 02:49 AM.
          A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
          Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

Awesome answer with pictures and everything! You guys are great!

Comment

Working...
            X