Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDEwallet no longer takes my password, help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEwallet no longer takes my password, help!

Things were going swimmingly until a couple of reboots ago. Then I started getting some error message from kdewallet that was too quick to write down. Now when I enter the password for kdewallet it simply ignores me and nothing that needed a password (e.g. kmail) works. I'm also now having trouble mounting my encrypted external hard drives.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated!
    Kubuntu #19517 (but of course I am not a number, I am a free man!)

You can try creating a new wallet, then deleting your old wallet. Or you can try to purge kwallet, then delete ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl, then reinstall kwallet.

Or you can wait until someone else comes up and gives you a much better answer.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! It sounds promising. But what do you mean by "purge"? Is that removing the program? I just started up and found that now I can't even get the wallet manager program to run from the K menu. It ran yesterday...
      Kubuntu #19517 (but of course I am not a number, I am a free man!)

Comment

Purging is removing the program or app and all of it's configuration files. You do it with Muon by highlighting the app, right-clicking and choosing "Purge". Or, if you prefer to use the command line:
        Code:
        $ sudo apt-get purge kwallet
        As an aside, "~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl" means "/home/<your username>/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl". /home/<your username>/ can be shortened on the command line with ~/ .
        Last edited by Buddlespit; Sep 08, 2013, 06:20 PM. Reason: was thinking aptitude
        I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Working...
        X