This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome and Thunderbird Visual Style Incorrect

I have been using Kubuntu 13.04 since shortly after release and the preferences menu in Chrome and all of the visual elements of Thunderbird have at least always resembled the Oxygen style until now. Now all of Thunderbird (outside of the title bar and border) and the Chrome preferences menu look like GNOME 2 straight from Ubuntu 8/9 (basic animation, GNOME style icons, win9x gray/beige with hard corners and no shadows). Of interest is that Firefox still looks like it should .

Any ideas on where this has gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

check your GTK settings.. both use GTK

system settings-> application apperance -> GTK

i would suggest using the qtcurve theme for both qt and gtk apps.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

My issue fixed itself... I'm guessing an update broke something and then a subsequent update (within the last couple of days) fixed it. I did look at my GTK application appearance settings and GNOME was setup as a "fallback" theme. I'm not sure what "fallback" means in this context (considering the rest of the OS needs the default theme to function).

Comment

glad to hear your issue is resolved.

in this case the fallback is the GTK defalut theme, think of it as builtin theme for GTK apps. since GTK apps do not use the same theme engine as Qt (kde) apps the defalut qt app theme (oxygen) is not what its talking about.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X