X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Tracker in Kontact is not working

When I create a new task,
    "Error storing new task. Your changes were not saved. Make sure you can edit your iCalendar file. Also quit all applications using this file and remove any lock file related to its name from -.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/"
    Which is all pretty much beyond me right now.
    Is there a tutorial for configuring Time Tracker for Kontact?
    Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Hi
    I am, as of late, out of the loop on Time Tracker, but I really did have problems as of a couple of years ago.

There is a thread on it buried down in the dungeons of Help the New Guy, unless the custodial dragon swept it out.

You could probably find it faster than moi.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Hi
      I'm using 4.10.5 in KDE 4.10.5 and it is running presently, with no produced error messages.\\What version are you using.

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Hi again!

I just let Time Tracker run since my last post.

I leave the computer running( one half of the opinions about run or turn it off! lol) but anyway, I just shut off the monitor.

When I just now turned the monitor on, Ktimetracker had popped an interactive box about whether it should continue running or stop, so I canceled it.

So again, it may be a bug in your version, or a faulty install or don't know.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Have you looked at ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/?
          Lock files are there simply to prevent more than one process or application from opening the same thing. if there is a file called "lock" or similar in this folder, it is safe to delete if nothing is accessing the time tracker file. Sometimes one of these lock files does not get deleted when the program is closed, or due to crashes, power loss, etc.

To browse to the directory, open dolphin and enable viewing of hidden things (alt +the period key) and go to /home/<your-username>/
          .kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/ and let us know if there are any files in there.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Have you looked at ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/? ... ... go to /home/<your-username>/.kde/share/apps/kabc/lock/ and let us know if there are any files in there.
            Thanks for the quick reply.
            "lock" is an empty folder
            Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
              ...\\What version are you using?...woodsmoke
              KDE Version is: Platform Version 4.8.5 - KTimeTracker is Version 4.8.5

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=255183
                https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=298573

So it looks to be a known issue, but perhaps not a found and fixed one.
                One thing to try is, as suggested in one bug report, is to try running it as a separate program instead of running Kontact.

I wonder if these bugs are why it isn't in the default kdepim packages selections?

Comment

Working...
                X