X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto reset to default KDE 'Netbook' activity settings

Hi,

I recently installed Kubuntu 13.04 on my wife's 2GB Samsung N130 atom-powered netbook. It's configured just fine and I'm happy with the installation. (I use Kubuntu on several other PCs, so much so that I almost never boot to Windows anymore.)

However, I was tinkering with the 'Netbook' workspace type within: System Settings > Workspace Behaviour > Workspace

I have to say, configuring this workspace vs. the traditional 'Desktop' type is very user unfriendly in my view, and widgets and icons didn't seem to want to stick where I put them. Anyhow, the result was I would like to reset to default the 'Netbook' workspace type!

In searching Google and the various forums so far, the best I've seen is to remove .kde in the /home folder. That's far too drastic for what I want to achieve!

Surely there is a config file somewhere, or a line in one at least, that I can tweak to reset the workspace..?

Any help very much appreciated...

Thank you - Steven.

Delete the files ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-netbookrc and ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-netbook-appletsrc.

Comment

Perfect, exactly what I was after.

Thank you very much indeed.

Comment

Working...
      X