This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox has two Shockwave Flash plugin versions installed

Hello guys. I'm running Firefox 23 and it has two Shockwave Flash plugin versions installed. How can I remove the old one?Click image for larger version

Name:	Shockwave Flash FF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	648004

What's the English translation of the text beside the red X?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      What's the English translation of the text beside the red X?
      Something like "Shockwave Flash is known for being vulnerable and needs to be updated. Update now."

But I've tried clicking there. It leads me to plugin checker page and then to Adobe's Flash page to download Flash.

Comment

So, SteveRiley, if you don't know what to do about it, I guess it's something very, very complicated...

Comment

Entere "aboutlugins" on the URL line (sans quotes) and see what it shows. I am running FF23 and I have only one shockwave flash player. (the smiley is a colon and a p)
          Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 18, 2013, 08:31 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Entere "aboutlugins" on the URL line (sans quotes) and see what it shows. I am running FF23 and I have only one shockwave flash player. (the smiley is a colon and a p)
            Thank you! I've located the old shockwave flash plugin and deleted it manually (hope it's ok to do so). Now I have only the "new" one, which is working.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 19, 2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geoaraujo View Post
              So, SteveRiley, if you don't know what to do about it, I guess it's something very, very complicated...
              I was away from the forum for a while, traveling to Ohio to visit family. Glad you got your problem sorted.

Comment

Working...
              X