Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easier to resize windows - changing edge of windows threshold pixels for resizing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easier to resize windows - changing edge of windows threshold pixels for resizing

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to change the # of pixels near the edge of a window where the mouse will allow resizing of a window.

I've searched the web, and on one site they say this is customizable on KDE, "an easy option to change". I dug threw the options but couldn't find. I also believe, prior to my recent re-install, I had this customized because I know it was much easier before this fresh install.

Note: I know that unlike windows where reinstall has to be done to keep a machine remotable stable/reasonable performance, I normally would not re-install Kubuntu... and in fact have run the same Kubuntu install since 2009, however this my hard drive crashed so I didn't have a lot of choice.

Thanks for any help, perhaps I'm just missing it in the options? Or maybe its in a configuration file.
    jetpeach

I think what you want is found in System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Window Decorations > Configure Decorations... > Border size:
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Just something beyond the scope of your question

Another usability option that might be helpful, is using the modifier button settings in SystemSettings>WindowBehavior>WindowBehavior>Windo wActions-tab

You can, for example, use Alt+RightMouseButton to resize window from anywhere inside it (no need to hit borders, even though Snowhog's suggestion makes them easier to hit).

Comment

Thank you both for your help! The default border size was "tiny" and I now find it significantly easier to grab the edges with it set to "normal".
        Also the right click while holding down alt is very convient at times.

Thanks again,
        jetpeach

Comment

Working...
        X