This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the desktop is unusable until it sounds the logon sound

after entering my password, kde starts. but the session startup sound takes up about 3 minutes or more to reproduce. before playing the sound, I can not use anything, everything is blocked. if I click on the kickoff menu, this appears after reproduce the sound.

this problem appeared out one month before the final version of kubuntu raring and remains in kubuntu saucy.

I have installed kubuntu on a desktop and a laptop and in both is the same.

on the desktop I have a sound card X-Fi Titanium, but the problem persists no matter what I use the x-fi or integrated realtek.

Sounds (no pun) like maybe some background process after log in is running, or attempting to run? When you do have your active desktop, go to System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management > On Login and check Start with an empty session. Save and log out and then log back in. Does it make a difference?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Same kind of (?) - Kmix causes whole desktop to hang on login: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-hang-on-login
      A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
      Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks, start with a clean session works, but developers should fix the problem with kmix.

Comment

Working...
        X