This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 13.04 bad behaviour

I have a kubuntu 13.04, it was working very well until i try to laucnh Ryzom ...

after the next reboot i did the folowing error occurs : HDA intel PCH(ALC269VCAnalog) doesn't work ...

Impossible to launch any konsole, nor firefox or system setings but i can launch my eclipse and my chromium ...

any idea to remove that ?

fierfeu

SO what's happened ... I had a kate process to edit user settings i think, when i killed it all other actions occurs ...

Then i tried to reboot and the kate try to launch itself ... and same behavior occurred !!! with same system multimedia error ... I killed the kate process once agian an kubuntu reboot by it's own sound very bad ...

the cmd is /usr/bin/kate -b /home/fierfeu/.kde/Autostart/setlocale.sh

why this is always launched ... at boot ?

fierfeu

Comment

Originally posted by fierfeu View Post
      SO what's happened ... I had a kate process to edit user settings i think, when i killed it all other actions occurs ...

Then i tried to reboot and the kate try to launch itself ... and same behavior occurred !!! with same system multimedia error ... I killed the kate process once agian an kubuntu reboot by it's own sound very bad ...

the cmd is /usr/bin/kate -b /home/fierfeu/.kde/Autostart/setlocale.sh

why this is always launched ... at boot ?

fierfeu
      Check System Settings >> Startup and Shutdown >> Session management.
      The KDE default is to have last open programs load up after login. Try turning that off, then log out and log in again.

It also more likely that you placed the .sh file in Autostart, and that kate is the default program to open text files. Is the setlocale.sh made executable and the contents formatted properly? You might try moving the file elsewhere, and use System Settings Autostart to add the script, making sure "create as symlink" is checked.

Comment

Originally posted by fierfeu View Post
        I have a kubuntu 13.04, it was working very well until i try to laucnh Ryzom ...

after the next reboot i did the folowing error occurs : HDA intel PCH(ALC269VCAnalog) doesn't work ...

Impossible to launch any konsole, nor firefox or system setings but i can launch my eclipse and my chromium ...

any idea to remove that ?

fierfeu
        I might say Ryzom bad behavior, but that might be considered snarky
        What is it, where did you get it, how did you install it, that sort of thing might be helpful.

Comment

Well, I beg your pardon !! That's my fault ... Ryzom (which is a MMORPG game available under Linux) wasn't responsible for my trouble ... I was responsible for ... I change the configuration of my setlocale from set before KDE to launch at boot time ... that's it ... now everytning works well ...

Fierfeu

Comment

If all is well, then I sure hope those are happy tears!

***hugs***

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Working...
            X