X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube effect

Me again here !
    So far you folks were awesome .
    Now i have another little issue . I am trying really to tweak and set up and get to know my Kubuntu the way i used to have my old Gnome 2. So far i have figured out just about everything i need from printer to file sharing with Win7 XBMC and my old XP laptop . But now i found out i can have good old cube back with all the Compiz goodness . YES !!!!!!
    Now that i have it figured out there seems to be one minor issue . When switching desktops via keyboard shortcut i get skydome , transparency , elevated windows , GLORIOUS !!!
    When i try using pager there is only boring black cube . No zoom no fancy nothing . Can pager be set up to use cube effects with all visual candy or will i have to rely on keyboard shortcuts . Also , how do make it switch cube sides by dragging open window of the screen ?

There are basically two separate "cube" effects in kwin, the full blown rotatable cube with bells and whistles...and simpler desktop switching "animation" that can be set as the effect for desktop switching. Are you using the "full cube" with keyboard shortcuts (which would explain the difference in visuals/functionality)?

In SystemSettings>WorkspaceBehavior>ScreenEdges you can set "hot" corners/edges to launch the cube effect (this is the "full cube") or make dragging windows to screen edges switch desktops (which will use the "simpler cube" animation if that is set as the effect for desktop switching).

Other options for switching desktops include mouse wheel on desktop, or moving windows to different desktops by mouse wheeling on the title bar (Can't recall if these settings are enabled by default, though).

Comment

Thank you for clarification . Now is there some othere kind of pager or desktop gizmo to indicate which desktop i am at and\or to do switching with full blown cube ?

Comment

The only thing that works all the time is to watch the icons in the panel.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Yes , that seems to be only way . Now i have pager removed and have one hot spot on the right in the middle of the screen set to activate cube . Simple and clean , works fine . And cube displays numbers for the desktops . Good enough for me .

Comment

sometimes simple is best...im a simple guy.
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X